Research Operations Engineer
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Research is core to our business. Joining the team as a Research Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and operating release workflows for output that is crucial to the company.
This is a multi-faceted role giving you the freedom to set direction and engineer activity at the heart of G-Research.
As a Research Operations Engineer, you will:
- Proactively engage and collaborate with Researchers and Engineers to oversee the deployment of new ideas to the production environment
- Operationally support key release workflows
- Develop tooling to minimise operational workload of routine tasks
- Monitor and make most efficient use of our grid compute platform used for running financial simulations
The role allows for freedom to explore, develop and present new solutions to key stakeholders while constantly ensuring business operations are maintained.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer who has relevant experience in either software engineering, infrastructure, automation, or an application support role.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable capabilities in at least one high-level language (e.g. Python/Java/C#) and one scripting language
- Strong eye for process improvement and a proven track record of automation
- Able to quickly understand complex systems quickly
- Comfortable handling multiple stakeholders
- Excellent multitasking skills; able to prioritise competing workloads and communicate effectively
- Previous experience of process automation, service operations monitoring and CI/CD is advantageous
- Experience in finance is not essential however an interest will be beneficial
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply