G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our Infrastructure Virtualisation & Services team. They are responsible for the Storage and Virtualisation platforms (both scale out), the Grid Compute system used for research, as well as Exchange, multiple Windows Active Directory domains and a number of 3rd party products for Source Control and File Replication.
At the time of writing the environment (for which responsible) consists of ~3000 Windows machines (50% virtualized) and ~15PB of SAN\NAS storage, growing rapidly. There is also a sizeable and growing Linux server estate, for which all virtualisation and storage platforms have to cater.
The role is principally project based and covers managing and upgrading the current infrastructure as well as researching and implementing new technologies in line with key business objectives. Experience with GPU grids, scalable Object Stores and Self-Service capabilities would be highly beneficial to any candidate.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- 80:20 project to support work where support items are escalated internally from our operations team and projects tend to be “owned” by the individuals in engineering
- Active participation in the strategic development of “the platform”, contributing ideas in line with the company and team direction
- Using Jira and Confluence to detail changes made and update system documentation.
Who are we looking for?
You need to be self-driven, hardworking and demonstrate strong problem solving skills, along with the technical experience needed to build high-performance, resilient solutions.
You will have:
- Good experience with VMware (VSphere\Horizon\VSAN)
- A scripting\Programming background – ideally with Powershell
- Exposure to Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Cluster
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines