Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Programme and Project Management (PPM) team is responsible for enabling the Research, Engineering and other business teams to do their very best work at G-Research. The team collaborates with various functions, with exposure to a vast breadth of projects across the business, ensuring the progression of the company roadmap.
The Programme & Project Management Operations function supports the team to define and maintain standards for projects and programmes. A PPM Operations Manager ensures that business standards are upheld, and supports the change process.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the PPM team with its day-to-day operation, including time logging, risk management, resource management, planning and estimates, progress reporting and finance data
- Governing the Change Control process including coordinating and running Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings and Path-to-Green meetings
- Developing new and improving existing project management processes and policies
- Sharing and propagating project delivery policies, methodologies and knowledge within the team and cross the organisation
- Ensuring the adherence of project management standard, policies and practices set forth for delivery excellence
- Introducing structure, organisation and optimisation across projects in a collaborative manner
- Governing, communicating and coordinating project strategy activities such as end-of-year OKR review and next year's Operating Plan
- Supporting project audits and reviews and extract lessons learned
- Coordinating the use of tooling such as reporting and company-specific tooling. Helping in selecting and deploying new project management tooling
- Promoting cross-team and stakeholders communication and visibility
- Proactively sharing critical information with key decision makers
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be an experienced PMO Manager with:
- Proven track record working as a PMO
- 10 years + experience
- The ability to build a PMO structure and capabilities within PPM
- The ability to communicate project management policies and reporting metrics clearly
- Practical experience of project management methodologies
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply