IT Procurement Manager
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research has gone through an exciting period of growth, transforming the way we run and build our technology platforms along with the supporting functions that enable this transformation to take place.
We now have a great opportunity for two experienced IT Procurement Managers to come on board and help continue growing the maturity of G-Research’s Commercial Management team.
As a key member within the Hardware Category Management team your primary objective will be to deliver efficient, innovative and value-add purchasing solutions to your business stakeholders.
The two roles available will be focusing on the following hardware spend categories:
- Core infrastructure
- Telco and networks
There is real scope for a well-established Hardware Procurement specialist to unlock the value delivery potential of these allocated areas and have a strong impact on the business.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Full accountability for the optimisation of all third party spend within your allocated spend area and all associated S2P activity
- Leading on full S2P process for all requirements in allocated spend area, including developing and conducting RFX activity, contract and commercial negotiation plans, and SRM related activity
- Developing and maintain all client and supplier partnerships in your allocated spend area
- Managing supplier list and supplier contracts in allocated spend area, including driving enhanced knowledge of the supply base, maximising contract compliance and spend under management as well as providing informed insights to the IT community
- In collaboration with the business and the Procurement leadership team, creating and delivering business-approved sourcing strategies aligned to company objectives. This may include:
- Proactive pipeline of activity to drive sustainable commercial tension, value optimisation and revenue improvement from allocated spend area
- Risk mitigation and product/service road maps
- Supply base optimisation strategy (with synergies identification)
- Understanding of critical areas for innovation
- Contract renewals calendar
- Contributing towards departmental cost and revenue improvement KPIs
- Collaborating with the procurement leadership team and business stakeholders to build easy-to-adopt buying channels
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Graduate-calibre with bachelor’s degree in Business (or other related degree)
- Post-graduate qualification (e.g MSc/MBA) or a professional qualification such as MCIPS Is desirable but not essential
- Project management qualification desirable but not essential
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a Global Technology Category Management position
- Specific experience leading on and negotiating large and complex Hardware deals which led to a successful result
- Practical experience in delivering complex solutions in a fast-moving business landscape
- Proven experience in driving given spend area towards a more mature state, such as:
- Unlocking the potential to drive greater value from third party spend, whilst also keeping supply chain risk to a minimum
- Developing and executing demand management (where appropriate)
- Fostering and nurturing strong business and supplier partnerships
- Creation and delivery of robust and sustainable value optimisation strategies
Exceptional commercial experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex third party contracts with tier one vendors
- Asset management experience alongside Procurement BAU duties desirable
- Experience operating in Procurement whilst your company undergoes a merger and/or alignment with wider group spend desirable
- Self-motivated, results driven, with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work at pace
- Agile, flexible, and embraces change
- Highly organised. Able to manage and prioritise changing business requirements and multiple complex deals
- Strategic thinker
- Analytical with a strong problem solving ability
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply