Engineering Operations Director
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
In this key leadership position, you will act as the strategic sparring partner for the Head of the Engineering, which involves both short- and long-term vision, planning, and execution. In addition to key day-to-day deliverables, the Engineering Operations Director will be responsible for delivery of major initiatives such as new technology adoption, process and efficiency improvement programmes, and the learning and development programme (all in co-ordination with key relationship stakeholders).
This wide ranging role will allow you to get under the skin of major engineering department and directly contribute to the growth, development and success of G-research.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day-to-day running of the division including reinforcing the theory and practice of first level of controls across the division
- Coordinating the process of risk identification and risk mitigation with the Group Heads at pre-determined intervals to begin with and then on an ongoing basis
- Collaborating closely with the head of division and the rest of the senior leadership team on the development of team capability and translation of strategy in to operating goals and plans via the operating plan
- Producing timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual divisional reporting packs
- Tracking the performance of the division against agreed KPIs/KRIs/OKRs on a regular basis (usually monthly) and working with stakeholders to drive improvement on an ongoing basis
- Regularly reviewing KPIs/KRIs/OKRs indices to ensure they are fit for purpose and to help with the decision-making within the division.
- Overseeing the recruitment process in order to ensure optimisation (e.g. funnelling candidates to the right teams, hiring urgency, reducing cycle times between test to offer, constantly evaluating test and recruitment processes)
- Overseeing the talent mapping process
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to quickly understand complex systems of work and engage with stakeholders to find efficiencies
- Demonstrable experience of relationship building across an organisation, up to board level
- Influencing change and achieving buy-in at all levels of the organisation
- Self-starter who will run with a loosely defined project and ensure timely and achievable goals are set and delivered
- Able to identify and meet with key players and stakeholders to shape consensus collectively and engage in dialogue to reach conclusion, compromising as necessary for results
- Comfortable facilitating discussions to enable people to collaborate with each other independently and promoting collaboration across multiple parties
- Self-organisation, attention to detail and a thoroughness that ensures many concurrent tasks can be efficiently coordinated and results delivered
- Collaboratively debates with the team to manage projects, solve problems, discuss challenging issues and learn more about critical issues as a group
- Regularly reviews team progress against plans and focuses attention beyond a single project to the full year and more.
- Excellent communicator at all levels of the organisation
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply