Release Workflow Engineering Manager
Location : Dallas, TX
G-Research offers remote working within the State of Texas, bringing people together in the office for a number of days every month.
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in the financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s new office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
The Release Workflow Engineering (RWE) team makes releasing software easy, safe and secure within G-Research.
From the continual deployment of microservices to Kubernetes, or large trading applications with complex deployment topologies, the RWE team builds and operates the systems, workflows and services that our internal and customer teams rely on to keep up with the incredible pace of software delivery within the business.
Our Engineers are full-stack, with a stronger focus on back-end, and we adopt open source projects (such as ArgoCD), use third party tooling, and build our own in-house systems where needed.
We work closely with internal and external customers to understand their needs and to help drive best practice through our deep knowledge of DevOps and DevSecOps.
The RWE team is seeking a smart, motivated, passionate Engineering manager, who will be responsible for:
- Hiring, mentoring, leading, retaining and motivating a high performing development team working on problems that matter
- Advocating best practice for deployment workflows through your understanding of wider industry trends
- Defining the strategic roadmap for the RWE team in collaboration with your Functional Lead and stakeholders across the business, balancing often competing demands of reliability, security and new feature delivery
- Building a strong, collaborative relationship with RWE’s customers, focussing on maximising business value from the team’s work
- Steering, and contributing to, the technical deliverables of the team, ensuring that the requirements of the business are met by making data driven decisions
- Driving a culture of growth and collaboration, unblocking people’s potential and facilitating knowledge sharing
- Leading by example by demonstrating honesty, ownership, investment in the community and a scientific, lean and value-driven approach in everything you do
- Driving internal processes for incident management and blameless post-mortem
- Ensuring the smooth running of a geographically distributed team
Who are we looking for?
You will be passionate about improving efficiencies and have experience of running a high-performing team of software engineers responsible for multiple systems. The ideal candidate will have:
- A sound understanding of GitOps, DevOps and DevSecOps principles
- In-depth knowledge and experience in at least one of: host based networking, systems administration, systems programming, distributed systems, databases, cloud computing and Kubernetes, as well as a desire to learn more
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks and work flows to automate
- An ability to understand the inherent trade-offs between various software architectures as it relates to performance, resiliency, fault tolerance, load balancing, data consistency, for example
- An ability to navigate ambiguity, maintaining focus and drive in the team
- Experience in managing geographically distributed teams
- Familiarity with technologies such as ArgoCD, Flux and Flagger
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Paid time off, including sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Summer working hours, equivalent of 4 additional days of paid leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply