Location : Dallas, TX
G-Research offers remote working within the State of Texas, bringing people together in the office for a number of days every month.
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s new office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
G-Research is seeking a full-time Engineer to join our elite Core Engineering Services team in our Dallas office.
The Core Engineering Services team consists of both developers and seasoned ops specialists, and drives productivity within a company that consists of almost 500 engineers.
You will be part of a sociable, helpful team, whose mission is to bring together the best commercial and open source systems out there with custom in-house software to meet security, delivery and productivity requirements.
You’ll boost the Developer experience at G-Research and play a vital role in supporting the efforts of some of the brightest minds in quantitative finance.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing and operating business critical systems that run on a massive scale, including GitHub Enterprise, Artifactory, ArgoCD, internal hybrid build systems and more
- Enjoying a language agnostic approach. We currently use various technologies, such as C#, Go, Python, TypeScript, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and more
- Automating and improving existing workflows and focus on "self-service" approach over manually performed tasks
- Finding simple solutions to hard problems
- Having a huge impact across the business and collaborating with world class engineers to solve difficult real-world problems
- Becoming a GitOps expert and helping to promote the GitOps approach throughout the business
- Continuous learning. We empower our engineers to continuously improve and learn new things
This role will give you:
- The ability, time and resource to experiment and build things properly, so that we can make sound choices and create solutions that the team is proud of
- High levels of technical freedom, autonomy and direction-setting, but with the deep technical backup and mentoring to really continue to learn and grow as an engineer - our team invests properly in its people
- A short feedback loop - the team not only “dogfoods” its own work, but uses continuous delivery, and has highly intelligent, engaged customers, meaning that you can often build, ship and gain feedback for a feature in the same day
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- A desire to work in a team and collaborate on projects
- Demonstrable experience delivering high-quality software
- Exceptional top-tier ops background with an emphasis on automation, including testing
- Sound technical acumen - you’re an excellent pragmatic decision maker who is comfortable with trade-offs and prioritisation
- A hunger to improve things, automate, fix workflows, and sort out all the things that really matter to developers and engineers - “keep it simple”
- Experience with C#, Go, Kubernetes, Linux and Git would all come in handy, but we care less about the technologies you have used, and more about the quality and approach of your solutions.
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Paid time off, including sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Summer working hours, equivalent of 4 additional days of paid leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply