Network Operations Engineer
Location : Dallas, TX
G-Research offers remote working within the State of Texas, bringing people together in the office for a number of days every month.
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s new office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
The Network and Security Operations team is responsible for G-Research’s global network and infrastructure security, covering office, data centre, and co-location security. The team has a major impact on the optimisation of our company performance.
Within the Network and Security Operations team, there is a strong “Infrastructure as Code” philosophy, and the team is committed to introducing the next generation of applications and distributed platforms to the business.
Alongside core monitoring and support tasks, the team plays a critical role in many high-profile company projects, with members of the team responsible for delivering technical designs that are developed by the Network Engineering team across the estate.
As a key member of the Network and Security Operations team, you will be involved in day-to-day support and troubleshoot the network and security infrastructure, primarily covering the following areas:
- Monitoring the health of the network and security infrastructure using a variety of monitoring and analysis tools
- Investigating hardware and software problems with devices and collaborating with manufacturer support teams to resolve issues
- Testing and troubleshooting network connectivity with third parties
- Completing BAU tickets across various technologies, including, but not limited to, F5, Check Point, Fortinet, Bluecoat, Cisco, Arista
- Performing firewall and proxy policy changes
- Completing delivery tasks such as hardware refresh work and expansion or upgrade projects
- Using Ansible and YAML files to update and push changes to the network
As well as working alongside the Network Engineering team, the role requires close interaction with the Infrastructure, Datacentre and other Operations teams, giving broad exposure to a variety of enterprise products and technologies.
Who are we looking for?
You will have a strong understanding of enterprise network security and its technologies and protocols, underpinned by a passion for problem solving and a desire to meet high standards of performance and delivery.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A CCNA qualification to demonstrate knowledge of basic switching and routing concepts, as well as a familiarity with configuring and operating switches and routers
- Evidence of progression along the CCNP technology track
- Experience within a network team, or network operations centre, providing first line support and general network monitoring and management
- Project experience, for example, within hardware refresh, the installation of approved designs
- Knowledge of security infrastructure and its concepts. Any demonstrable experience with configuring, managing or monitoring security infrastructure is highly desired and can be evidenced by qualifications such as Check Point Certified Admin (CCSA), F5 certifications, Bluecoat certifications, for example
- Basic network automation and scripting skills, as the team uses Ansible extensively
- Strong problem solving skills
- Passion and enthusiasm to help the team in continuing to meet the expected high standards of performance
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Paid time off, including sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Summer working hours, equivalent of 4 additional days of paid leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply