Infrastructure Compute and Storage Engineer
Location : Dallas, TX
G-Research offers remote working within the State of Texas, bringing people together in the office for a number of days every month.
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s new office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
The Infrastructure Compute and Storage team at G-Research is responsible for the storage and grid compute systems used by our quantitative research function.
Made up of thousands of compute nodes, backed by multi-PB mixed storage platforms, our estate is complex, presenting scaling challenges as it grows. We are looking for an Engineer to join and support the team as it overcomes those challenges.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the team of nine as they manage and upgrade the current infrastructure
- Delivering focussed work, triaging an inbound queue of requests, queries, and logged issues
- Working directly with Senior Engineers to assist with their project work
- Using Jira and Confluence to detail changes made and update system documentation
- Supporting maintenance and upgrade work, sometimes over weekends
As is consistent with the path taken by other Engineers in the team, this role is expected to evolve into that of a Senior Engineer, where project work becomes central to the role, rather than support.
Who are we looking for?
You will need to be self-driven, hardworking and demonstrate strong problem solving skills, along with the technical experience needed to build high-performance, resilient solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Windows and/or Linux administration
- PowerShell and/or Python
- Operating hardware at scale, for example HP ProLiant, OneView, Primera, Dell EMC ECS or ISILON, or similar
It would be an advantage to have experience with the likes of Git, Ansible, andAWX, but is not essential. We are interested in these technologies because our environment is principally driven from code.
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Paid time off, including sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Summer working hours, equivalent of 4 additional days of paid leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply