Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Location : Dallas, TX
G-Research offers remote working within the State of Texas, bringing people together in the office for a number of days every month.
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s new office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
Are you passionate about Python? Jubilant about Jenkins? Animated about Ansible? Thrilled by Terraform? Would you like to work with cutting edge Infrastructure Technology on a hybrid private cloud? If so, we’d love to hear from you, as a prospective member of the Infrastructure Automation team.
G-Research is embarking on a transformation journey in how it delivers infrastructure and associated open source technologies. We are in the process of heavily automating our hybrid cloud platform on which we will build the next generation of applications, distributed platforms and deliver development efficiencies.
You will be part of the Automation Team embedded within our Infrastructure function, helping to mature our existing infrastructure automation with an emphasis on Infrastructure-as-Code.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
- Helping to shape and engineer the correct tooling and automation capabilities to enable consumption of our private cloud platform
- Defining automation standards, frameworks and reporting
- Working with Infrastructure-as-Code principles, to enable the company to expand its private cloud capabilities
- Designing and implementing Jenkins pipelines to perform infrastructure automation tasks
- Defining, configuring and deploying Jenkins pipelines from code using Jenkins DSL
- Using Ansible for orchestration development, and managing our existing codebase:
- Infrastructure tooling to create the glue
- Defining new workflows to be consumed via self-service
- Developing and managing Go and Python libraries
- Enhancing and expanding our Terraform Enterprise platform through:
- Modular developments of reusable infrastructure components
- Maintaining and expanding a catalogue of reusable infrastructure services
- Providing Terraform users with best practises for creating their Terraform code
Who are we looking for?
You will be passionate about automation and technology, particularly in the infrastructure space. The successful candidate should be willing to cross-train in multiple IaC technologies and methodologies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of deploying Infrastructure as Code
- Experience writing Python and or Go
- A willingness to upskill in new technologies as required
- Experience with CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, GitLab, CircleCI and TeamCity
- Experience writing Ansible Playbooks or similar IaC tool
- Experience storing your code in a shared VCS such as GitHub Enterprise
- Experience in applying IaC concepts to configuration management and immutable infrastructure
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of deploying services on Kubernetes.
- Experience writing HCL (Terraform) code
- Experience creating modules / collections in Ansible
- Experience of adding automated checks to CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with deploying immutable infrastructure
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Paid time off, including sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Summer working hours, equivalent of 4 additional days of paid leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply