Change Risk Manager
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for a Change Risk Manager to join the Enterprise Risk Management function. The Change Risk Manager will further develop our change risk process and assessment, as well as support projects and the business by providing guidance, oversight and challenge to proposed significant projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging proactively with major projects and programmes, providing risk capability and critical thinking at key stages within their development lifecycle
- Providing expertise and insight on options in mitigating risk, avoiding or accepting a level of risk within various stages of development, for example test, pilot and launch
- Supporting and working closely with other second line Risk SMEs to ensure timely oversight and effective challenge of first line business functions involved in change
- Ensuring our existing top risks are always considered and tracked by the change teams, and new material risks are properly identified and considered
- Providing independent oversight, guidance and assurance that supports the continual improvement of change risk management across the business
- Contributing to, and supporting the establishment of, good risk management practices across the business
- Working with the Enterprise Risk team to maintain and develop the risk and change risk profile of the business, identifying key controls, as well as tracking and monitoring management action plans as required
Who are we looking for?
The Enterprise Risk Management function is looking for a candidate with risk management experience in a relevant business environment, with knowledge and experience of technology and change. This could be through experience as a Project or Programme Manager, or from previous risk roles in a transforming business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent, and significant, operational risk and resilience experience with the ability to perform risk assessments
- IT security knowledge, preferably demonstrated by formal security qualifications
- Excellent IT technical background and a willingness to learn, grow and share knowledge
- Good communication skills, along with the ability to explain and report complex technical and change scenarios clearly and simply to non-technical audiences across all levels of the business
- Strong analytical, organisational, and relationship building skills, and confidence to challenge positively
- The ability to develop and maintain strong networks across the business, providing valuable insights and driving improvements to the management/mitigation of risk and the control environment
- The ability to operate as part of a team, but also independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to track and progress multiple tasks while delivering work on time, to a high standard in a fast paced environment
- An understanding of financial markets
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply