Crisis Management and Resilience Coordinator
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Joining G-Research as the Crisis Management and Resilience Coordinator, you will work and report into the Senior Operational Risk Specialist, who is responsible for providing second line oversight to G-Research for Engineering, Resilience and Recovery, and Crisis Management.
This role will focus on bringing crisis management and operational resilience experience into a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technology driven organisation. As such, the successful applicant must have the ability to apply their experience flexibly.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with good knowledge of crisis management methods, as well as experience of running exercises and responding to real events.
Reporting to the Senior Operational Risk Specialist for Engineering, this role will be responsible for:
- Maturing and embedding a crisis management programme to help the organisation prepare and plan effective responses to crisis events
- Analysing and reviewing the external environment and internal functions to ensure appropriate prioritisation of crisis management scenarios and our capabilities to respond
- Co-ordinating rehearsals and testing activities across multiple teams on a regular cadence, working with key business stakeholders to ensure their input, engagement and plans are effective and robust
- Providing appropriate support and responses for real event scenarios as a member of the crisis management team
- Running post-event and scenario exercise reviews to identify learnings and actions to improve our response capabilities
- Running crisis management training, awareness programmes and activities across all levels of the organisation for crisis management
- -Working with Incident Management and Communications teams to embed the crisis management response
- Working with third party preferred specialists to coordinate crisis management scenario exercises across all levels of the organisation
- Providing key metrics and regular reporting to senior stakeholders on crisis management capabilities, compliance and the status of remediation tasks
- Working closely with Operational Risk and Compliance in the 2LoD to provide data and status on issues, treatment plans, prioritisation of tasks and adherence to policy
- Developing the business continuity framework for the organisation, as the crisis management programme matures
Who are we looking for?
The Crisis Management and Resilience Coordinator will be a self-motivated individual with an enthusiasm for problem solving and continually developing new skills and knowledge.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong background in crisis management, or similar operational resilience or business continuity role
- Demonstrable experience of creating and embedding crisis management structures, including internal and external communications, and operational plans, across complex organisations
- Experience planning, coordinating and facilitating crisis scenario exercises, and management or development of playbooks
- An understanding of brand and reputation, particularly under crisis scenarios
- An awareness of various technologies and methods to support crisis planning and execution of plans during events
- An understanding of continuity and resilience requirements and frameworks, such as ISO 22301
- The capability to build and maintain an understanding of a complex and rapidly changing environment
- An ability to think differently and identify suitable approaches without being constrained by standard ways of working
- A strong aptitude for analytical and problem solving, with good analysis and documentation skills
- Self-motivation, and be able to deliver progress with limited oversight
- Evidence of success in working with a range of stakeholders to co-ordinate activity and achieve desired outcomes
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship skills with an ability to engage with stakeholders in a way that builds trust and respect with colleagues across all levels of the organisation
- A PR or agency background in crisis management, or experience of working closely with Legal, Communications or Investor Relations, is desirable
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply