Release Workflow Engineer
Location : Dallas, TX
G-Research offers remote working within the State of Texas, bringing people together in the office for a number of days every month.
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in the financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s new office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
The Release Workflow Engineering (RWE) team makes releasing software easy, safe and secure – from the continual deployment of microservices to Kubernetes, to large trading applications with complex deployment topologies.
The RWE team builds and operates the systems, workflows and services that our internal users and customer teams rely on to keep up with the incredible pace of software delivery at G-Research.
We adopt open source projects (such as ArgoCD), use third party tooling, and build our own in-house systems where needed. Our Engineers are full-stack, with a stronger predominance for back-end and we work closely with internal and external customers to understand their needs and drive best practice through our deep knowledge of DevOps and DevSecOps.
As an engineer in the RWE team, you will be responsible for:
- Crafting large scale, highly available, reliable service-oriented systems
- Optimising and troubleshooting software performance
- Designing APIs for use in a real-time environment
- Front-end web development
- Actively following and fostering the use of best practice for deployment workflows through your understanding of wider industry trends
- Building strong, collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders, focussing on maximising business value from the team’s work
- Steering, and contributing to, the technical deliverables of the team, ensuring that the requirements of the business are met by making data driven decisions
- Participating and actively engaging with the incident management process and a blameless continuous learning culture
- Ensuring the smooth running of a geographically distributed team
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be motivated and passionate about solving challenging software issues that make a difference to G-Research.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A sound understanding of GitOps, DevOps and DevSecOps principles and experience with their application
- In-depth knowledge and experience in at least one of host based networking, systems administration, systems programming, distributed systems, databases, cloud computing, and Kubernetes, along with a desire to learn more
- Object-oriented programming skills
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, and process improvements
- The ability to understand the inherent trade-offs between various software architectures as it relates to performance, resiliency and fault tolerance, load balancing, and data consistency
- Familiarity with technologies such as ArgoCD, Flux and Flagger
Don’t feel you need to tick all of these boxes. If you are a smart, motivated, passionate Software Engineer then we want to hear from you.
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Paid time off, including sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Summer working hours, equivalent of 4 additional days of paid leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply