Network Security Manager
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic manager to drive continuous improvements within our Network Security team.
The team is responsible for engineering and operations of G-Research’s global network security infrastructure, covering office, data centre and co-location environments, and providing internal and external network perimeter security controls.
For operations, the team focuses on monitoring, remediating and supporting BAU customer requests, whilst for engineering, the team focuses on delivering new capabilities and deploying new solutions.
The Network Security Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of both aspects of the team, ensuring operational excellence, successful project delivery against business requirements and that team objectives are met.
Reporting into the Network Operations Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Steering and contributing to the technical deliverables of the team, ensuring that business requirements are met
- Defining technical and team roadmaps in collaboration with stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
- Managing a team of engineers and assisting them with day-to-day issues
- Steering the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects associated with the team, reconciling both short and long-term business and divisional goals
- Recruiting, on boarding and training new team members, providing career development and compensation recommendations, as well as carrying out performance and absence management
- Budgeting and defining roles and responsibilities for the team
- Collaborating with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis, representing the technology perspective at a senior level
- Contributing to the wider engineering landscape within G-Research, communicating our ideas, plans and practices to others
Operational responsibilities of the team include:
- Monitoring the health of the network security infrastructure using available monitoring and analysis tools
- Investigating hardware and software problems with devices, and working with the manufacturers' support teams to resolve
- Testing and troubleshooting network connectivity with third parties
- Auditing security policies
- Completing BAU customer requests for firewall and proxy technologies
- Managing the global estate of network security infrastructure with tasks such as hardware refresh, expansion and upgrade projects
- Using Python and Ansible, as well as APIs, to automate BAU tasks
Engineering responsibilities of the team include:
- Delivering new capabilities and solutions to meet customer requirements
- Deploying new security appliances aligned to infrastructure expansion
- PoC and testing of new solutions to meet the requirements of an evolving business
- Being the technical escalation point for the Operations team
- Providing automated pipelines for building and operating the environment
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of enterprise network security technologies and protocols.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ experience managing a network or security infrastructure team
- Experience in engineering and the delivery of global network and security infrastructure
- Passion and enthusiasm to drive and motivate a team of high performing engineers
- A technical background working with firewall and proxy technologies across multiple vendors
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply