Market Risk Business Analyst
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Joining our Quant Market Risk function, the successful candidate will be defined by their ability to move beyond pure BA skills and be heavily involved in implementation, root cause analysis and solving complex problems. You will act as a conduit between Risk Management, the Fintech Development Team, Back and Middle Office, implementing a new risk management system. Key responsibilities include:
- Translating business requirements into specific deliverables for the development of the Risk Platform or other reporting tools as directed by Risk Management
- Taking ownership of the risk platform and its output
- Creation and active development of Risk Reporting presentations
- Full User Acceptance Testing for Changes to the Risk Management System
Who are we looking for?
You will have a heavyweight technical and financial background with at least five years’ experience in a business analysis role. You will also possess a genuine interest in developing a rigorous approach to the ongoing development of an in-house Risk System. It will be essential to have excellent organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail and the determination to see initiatives and processes through to completion.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of risk management evidenced by the candidate working towards / having completed a relevant qualification e.g.: FRM
- Familiarity with Project Management approaches and Agile methodologies
- Appreciation of system architecture and database design (although this is not a development role, the candidate will work closely with developers)
- A solid understanding of asset classes (principally Equities, Commodities, FX)
- Strong academics to degree level
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines