Identity & Access Management (IAM) Engineer
Location : London
G-Research is Europe's leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Identity & Access Management (IAM) team forms part of the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) function at G-Research. It is responsible for protecting all resources and intellectual property, and as a result manages all user and system identities, as well as their access permissions.
G-Research is embarking on a transformation journey and step change in how it deliveries Infrastructure and associated open source technologies. The business has big plans to invest in a private cloud platform on which to build the next generation of applications, distributed platforms, and deliver development efficiencies.
There is a big focus on applying automation, Infrastructure as Code, use of CI/CD tools and methodologies in all of our engineering work. We are using open source tooling and best practices to increase the pace of delivery, working hard to embed a continuous improvement culture and philosophy across the organisation.
We are looking for Engineers who are keen to work with a vast variety of technology and products to solve problems in a fast moving environment.
As an IAM Engineer, you will contribute to the design, implementation and rollout of solutions that form our authentication, authorisation and user life-cycle management infrastructure.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading the roll out of modern, strong authentication technologies
- Working with stakeholders to understand business challenges and pain points
- Collaborating with engineering stakeholders to help solve complex problems within the IAM space
- Delivering usable, fit for purpose solutions across the business.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong domain knowledge of Identity & Access Management tooling, for example MFA technology, and processes such as JML processes, authentication and authorisation
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- An understanding of security standards such as ISO, CIS or NIST
- Process automation experience, for example Terraform, Jenkins and Ansible
- Strong LDAP directory services experience, for example Active Directory, OpenLDAP
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with stakeholders across the business
- The drive to get stuck in and fix problems, and be self-starter motivated by delivery
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial:
- Platforms: Kubernetes, OpenStack, Linux
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Ansible / AWX, Terraform
- IAM Technologies: SailPoint, HashiCorp Vault, CyberArk, FIDO
- IAM Domains: JML, MFA, AuthN/AuthZ, PKI, PIM
- SaaS Platforms: AWS, Azure
One thing all successful candidates at G-Research have in common is a passion to use technology, new concepts and new ideas to solve complicated problems.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply