Shared Code - Software Engineer
Location : Dallas, TX
G-Research offers remote working within the State of Texas, bringing people together in the office for a number of days every month.
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in the financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s new office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
The mission of the Shared Code team is to solve difficult crosscutting problems to boost the efficiency of engineers across the business. We build and operate the systems, workflows and services that our teams rely on to keep up with the incredible pace of software delivery at G-Research.
The Shared Code team builds and supports tooling that improves developer workflow efficiency, such as automated global upgrades of NuGet packages, or refactoring tooling to modify large swathes of the codebase at once, and also provides integrations with GitHub to improve the developer experience.
We are custodians of shared libraries and maintain a standard for sharing high-quality library code within the company.
Our engineers focus predominantly on back-end development. As an engineer in the Shared Code team, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, extending and creating secure and resilient services and tools to ensure our customers can rely on them to carry out their day-to-day work
- Troubleshooting and maintaining our varied product stack
- Building strong, collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders, focusing on maximising business value from the team’s work
- Steering, and contributing to, the technical deliverables of the team, ensuring that the requirements of the business are met and pain points in the developer community can be addressed by making data driven decisions
- Participating and actively engaging with the incident management process and a blameless continuous learning culture
- Ensuring the smooth running of a geographically distributed team
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer who enjoys solving difficult problems that have a positive impact on the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A sound understanding of GitOps, DevOps and DevSecOps principles and experience with their application
- In-depth knowledge and experience in at least one of: NuGet, .NET internals such as the CLR, git, Kubernetes, along with a desire to learn more
- Development capabilities with one or more high level languages, such as C#, Java, Go or Python
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills
- A proven track record in evaluating and commoditising new technologies
- A proactive approach to spotting problems and areas for improvement, for example identifying performance bottlenecks and workflows to automate
- The ability to understand the inherent trade-offs between various software architectures as it relates to performance, resiliency/fault tolerance, load balancing, data consistency
- Familiarity with technologies such as Terraform, Jenkins, GitHub Apps/GitHub Actions
Don’t feel you need to tick all these boxes. If you are a smart, motivated, passionate Software Engineer then we want to hear from you.
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Paid time off, including sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Summer working hours, equivalent of 4 additional days of paid leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply