Project Assurance Manager
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Business Information and Controls Assurance (BICA) is not your traditional internal audit function. We are a commercially focused team dedicated to providing the Board and Executive Management Team (EMT) with pragmatic observations that will improve our business.
We conduct reviews of key technology projects and critical business processes along with our platform and supporting technologies.
As a Project Assurance Manager you will join an experienced and growing team of problem solvers with a range of experience.
In this role your day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Working with the Head of BICA, Board, EMT and stakeholders to assess key business risk areas, particularly across the change portfolio
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of the key initiatives within G-Research’s strategic roadmap and supporting management to develop reporting that identifies key risks and challenges business initiatives may be facing
- Independently developing terms of references for specific deep-dives and reviews covering key scope areas, with a focus on assessing how projects are delivering planned benefits to business
- Assessing current state processes against good practice
- Pragmatically evaluating risks and associated impacts of identified issues
- Identifying innovative testing techniques through the use of data analysis and visualisation
- Building strong relationships with our Programme and Project Management team to ensure you are plugged into the status of different change initiatives
- Communicating conclusions from assurance work to technical and non-technical people, up to and including EMT and Board members
- Proactively identify problems or opportunities for improvement within the team and / or processes
- Writing reports that clearly articulate issues and key recommendations for consideration by the Board and EMT
- As part of our three lines of defence model, forming partnerships with lines one and two whilst still ensuring that the line three remit is met
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience providing assurance over large-scale technology and business change projects
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to form conclusions that are right for the maturity and risk appetite of our business
- The capability to build and maintain an understanding of a complex and rapidly changing IT environment
- A passion for technology, data analytics and financial markets
- Ability to organise data and exercise effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- An ability to think out-of-the-box and identify suitable approaches without being constrained by standard ways of thinking or working
- Experience with Tableau and Alteryx would be advantageous
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply