Low Latency Network Engineer
Location : Dallas, TX
G-Research offers remote working within the State of Texas, bringing people together in the office for a number of days every month.
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s new office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
We are looking for an Engineer to join our DevOps function to help build low latency networks (Cisco/Arista).
G-Research fosters a DevOps culture with a particular focus on automation. An understanding of the importance of building supportable solutions that reduce operational cost is therefore essential for this role.
We want engineers that can absorb new technologies and have the ability to “be the packet”. You will work with different teams and individuals across the business; as such, you will need to explain complex design structures to a range of users, with varying technical knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience within the following:
- Design and build of low latency trading networks (Cisco/Arista) Product evaluation and testing
- Colo/exchange connectivity
- Layer 1 switching, PTP, tap aggregation, timestamping
- Multicast configuration and troubleshooting
- Automation tools, includingGit, Python. Ansible and Jinja2
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Paid time off, including sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Summer working hours, equivalent of 4 additional days of paid leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply