Senior Accountant (12 month FTC)
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Finance Operations team at G-Research are looking for a Senior Accountant to join them on a 12- month fixed-term contract (FTC) to take responsibility for a wide range of financial and accounting tasks.
Reporting into the Finance Operations Manager, you will support four Financial Administrators with BAU and project-focused work alongside another Senior Accountant.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Month-end processing, including bank recs, accruals and prepayments, and depreciation
- Reviewing monthly P&L and balance sheets
- Quarterly board reporting
- External auditing
- Tax compliance and regulatory reporting
- Ad hoc accounting queries
- Assisting with the execution of Finance projects, including the implementation and operation of finance technology solutions
- Managing cash flow
- ERP operation and project accounting
- Assisting with accounts payable duties
- Managing the administration of staff expenses and corporate credit cards
Who are we looking for?
Working in a close-knit team within a central department of the business, you will demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, fantastic communication skills, as well as a flexible and proactive mind set.
As we’ve recently integrated a new ERP system, you will need to be detail focused, able to identify opportunities for improvement and solve problems independently.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An ACA, ACCA and/or CIMA qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience in an accounting role in any industry
- A strong academic background
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 would be beneficial
- The ability to collaborate with others
- Independent problem-solving skills
- A high degree of integrity and ability to be trusted with privileged access to sensitive data
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply