Security Risk Specialist
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
As a Security Risk Specialist at G-Research, you will be an integral member of the Security Risk Management team.
Sitting within the wider Enterprise Risk Management function, you will be responsible for embedding the Security Risk Management framework throughout the organisation.
Reporting to the Security Risk Lead, this role will be responsible for:
- Providing subject matter expertise within the area of Information Security Risk
- Embedding and maturing the Security Risk Management framework
- Ensuring effective communication and delivery of awareness activities to business stakeholders in support of the framework
- Providing expertise and insight on options in managing risk
- Supporting and working closely with other second line Risk SMEs, to ensure timely oversight and effective challenge of first line business functions
- Building and maintaining a broad understanding of the organisation’s technologies, processes, information flows, people, and associated security threats and vulnerabilities in order to mature the established security risk profile
- Proactively engaging the business in risk governance forums to challenge and advance the maturity of security risk across the organisation
- Building effective working relationships with risk and control owners across the organisation, ensuring they understand their responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ensuring that the quality of data held within the GRC tool is maintained to a high standard and accurately reflects the risk profile, enabling well-informed decision-making
- Providing training for key stakeholders within the business, ensuring they are well-versed in the use of the GRC tool
- Providing independent oversight, guidance and assurance that supports the continual improvement of security risk management across G-Research
Who are we looking for?
The Security Risk Management team are looking for an experienced candidate with a balanced knowledge of security and risk. This role focuses on maturing the security risk management agenda and engaging in a clear 3LoD model.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least five years of experience in a security risk management role in a fintech, hedge fund, or technology company
- Knowledge and proficiency in information security frameworks such as ISO 27000 or NIST
- Cloud security architecture knowledge and experience
- Threat modelling knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and experience in applying quantitative and qualitative methodologies for calculating security risk
- Drive, enthusiasm and the ability to think outside of the box to identify suitable approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to report and present across the organisation
- Strong analytical, organisational, and relationship building skills, as well as the confidence to challenge positively
- Enthusiasm and drive to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
- Clear and detailed knowledge of working with the 3LoD operating model
- Achieved a 2:1 degree (or higher) at university
One thing all successful candidates at G-Research have in common is a passion to use technology, new concepts and new ideas to solve complicated problems.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply