Quant Platform DevOps Engineer
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
You will focus on automation of testing, releasing and running of platforms core to the company. Crucial, is your ability to support clients, the platform and delivering business output.
This multi-faceted remit involves preserving the on-going stability of a complex distributed system, whilst simultaneously driving it forward to unlock further upside.
As a Quant Platform DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with researchers, developers and engineers to oversee the deployment of new ideas to the production environment.
- Test, refine, deploy and support the steady stream of ideas generated within an evolving and dynamic environment.
- Make significant process improvements, and create methodical ideas around using new technologies to improve our release and support pipelines.
- Write new and maintain existing tooling written by the team.
- Monitor and make most efficient use of our grid compute platform used for running various financial simulations
The role allows for freedom to explore, and present new solutions to our key areas, while constantly ensuring business operations are maintained.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer who has relevant experience in either software engineering, infrastructure, automation or a technical support role. You will demonstrate capabilities in at least one high level language (Java/C#/Python), one scripting language, have a strong eye for process improvement and a proven track record of automation.
Previous experience of process automation, service operations monitoring, CI/CD, grid computing and Kubernetes deployment are advantageous.You will need the ability to quickly understand complex systems and to proactively improve processes we are responsible for. You must be able to handle multiple stakeholders, have excellent multitasking skills, be able to prioritise competing workloads and communicate effectively.
Experience or interest in finance is beneficial but not required.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines