Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The FPGA team is responsible for the development and integration of ultra-low-latency trading infrastructure that is a critical part of a global investment platform.
Sitting within the Low Latency Engineering Group, the FPGA team is comprised of hardware and software engineers who cover numerous technical disciplines and languages.
The team covers all aspects of the system including hardware design, verification, embedded software development, supporting applications and DevOps.
We are looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager to lead this broad experienced team. You will provide vision and leadership, and drive collaboration with other teams across the business, including both engineering and research.
Prior experience of finance and trading infrastructure is necessary for this role; ultra-low latency FPGA experience is preferred but not required.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an engineering manager with prior experience of finance and trading infrastructure, which is necessary for this role, to lead a broad team of engineers who cover a wide range of specialisms.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to prioritise workflows and establish goals, performance management, and career development for a team of engineers
- The ability to contribute to the high-level vision of the ultra-low-latency trading infrastructure, and be able to estimate and plan end-to-end development in the FPGA space
- The ability to communicate both high-level and in-depth topics across the FPGA remit to technical and non-technical audiences across the business
- The ability to work with Risk teams to ensure the trading behaviour of the platform meets requirements for algo-safety
- The ability to identify opportunities and drive collaboration with Research teams to maximise utility of the FPGA trading platform, using this to drive the vision for the team, and to contribute to developing the business case for future direction
- The ability to organise FPGA requirements and drive writing of formal specifications where appropriate
- The ability to foster a culture of highly reliable and robust FPGA designs, including a sound verification and testing environment at all levels
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply