Cyber Security Engineer
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our Security Engineering team, working within our Enterprise Business Services function.
This is an exciting and dynamic role where you will be working with a wide array of security technologies across our on-premises and cloud environments.
You will have the opportunity to work across various projects and business initiatives, allowing you to take real ownership and responsibility for designing, deploying and supporting new and existing systems.
Some of the current projects you will work on include:
- Next Gen Secure Web Gateway
- EDR Implementation
- Azure and SaaS IaC Terraform
- Email security uplift
- Secure File transfers
Who are we looking for?
You will be a skilled Security Engineer with at least three years’ experience and a track record of successfully delivering and supporting security systems throughout the entire product lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- The ability to design, install and support security products at an enterprise level
- The ability to evaluate, select and implement security products and services
- Excellent network and associated protocol knowledge
- Strong investigative and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and experience of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience scripting using Python or PowerShell
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively to peers throughout the business, ranging from high-level executive stakeholders and customers, to technical support and engineering staff
- A genuine enthusiasm for identifying and building solutions for security problems
- A desire to continuously learn, improve and innovate
- Experience working in an agile environment, using Jira or similar would be beneficial
- Experience deploying, on boarding and managing SaaS applications in high-security environments
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Next Gen Secure Web Gateway technologies
- Azure security services and technologies
- Infrastructure as Code, Code Review, Git
- Automation, monitoring, automated response
- Email security gateway technologies
- Endpoint protection (AV/EDR)
- Data loss prevention tooling
- Access control systems
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply