Workforce Planning Manager
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research has gone through a significant period of growth. As a result, we are looking to hire our first Workforce Planning Manager to develop and drive our workforce planning proposition.
As part of the Human Resources (HR) team, you will work closely with our Business Insights team, as well as Business Leaders, to understand how the workforce will need to change to deliver on our business plans over multiple time horizons.
As an expert in workforce planning, you will have proven experience of developing, embedding and evolving strategic workforce planning initiatives.
You will have exposure to the highest levels of the G-Research senior leadership team, acting as an advisor to analyse workforce requirements in support of tangible business outcomes.
We are looking for someone who is able to build strong relationships, support us in cultivating a workforce planning mind-set amongst our leaders and managers, and inform Workforce Planning decision-making.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to make a mark in a newly created role within a fast-paced, innovative organisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Consulting with business leaders and HR colleagues to analyse, forecast and fulfil workforce capability requirements to deliver on short, medium and long-term business plans
- Taking a data-driven approach to creating and implementing reliable workforce planning initiatives from scratch
- Integrating workforce plans with talent acquisition and talent development plans to ensure we are building capability and managing our headcount appropriately
- Working closely with our Finance team to create workforce planning strategies that align with headcount and cost modelling activities
- Facilitating workforce planning reviews, ensuring plans remain valid and aligned to changing business priorities
- Making use of internal and external market intelligence to anticipate future challenges
- Creating and maintaining a dashboard to measure and report on skills, capabilities and workforce planning data for our business leaders
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Substantial experience in Workforce Planning
- An ability to work in a niche business environment with unique capability requirements
- Proven success in a dynamic organisation where you have designed and delivered a new strategic workforce planning model
- Strong people analytics background
- Previous experience working on new tools, technology and predictive analytics
- Experience working with project management and central planning teams, aligning workforce plans with wider long and short-term goals
- Familiarity with project management planning processes.
- An interest in finance and technology, in order to understand our business aims and the capability requirements needed to achieve them
- Business acumen; knowledgeable in business strategy and the drivers of organisational performance, such as business KPIs and business cases, along with the external benchmarks that informs this
- Strong analytical reasoning; the ability to identify workforce insights and develop hypotheses, as well as recommend the data and analytical products to meet these requirements
- The ability to develop, maintain and manage stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Impact and influence; the ability to build the case for change, drawing on data and analytical techniques where appropriate, and influence senior stakeholders
The following experience would also be beneficial:
- Previous experience in a consulting role
- Exposure to agile and waterfall methodologies
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply