Infrastructure Compute and Storage Engineer
Location : Dallas, TX
G-Research offers remote working within the State of Texas, bringing people together in the office for a number of days every month.
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s new office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
G-Research is looking for an experienced Engineer to join our Infrastructure Compute and Storage team, which is responsible for the managed storage relied on by critical research platforms.
G-Research’s CPU and GPU estates are huge and experiencing rapid growth, with a number of complex migrations underway. As an Infrastructure Compute and Storage Engineer, you will manage SAN, NAS and Object storage within these estates, across multiple locations.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing and upgrading G-Research’s current infrastructure
- Analysing existing workflows and optimising their performance and usage
- Migrating data and users from legacy platforms to new
- Researching and implementing new technologies in line with key business objectives
- Some support work; handling issues escalated by our Level 1 Ops team
- Infrequent weekend working, within maintenance windows
Who are we looking for?
You will be self-driven, hardworking and be able to demonstrate strong problem solving skills, along with the technical background needed to build high-performance, resilient solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Windows and Linux administration
- Python and PowerShell
- Experience operating hardware at scale, such as HP ProLiant and Primera, Dell EMC ECS and ISILON, VAST and Nutanix
- Experience with Git, Jenkins and Kubernetes would be beneficial. These technologies form the basis of the daily automation that drives provisioning and monitoring within G-Research.
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Paid time off, including sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Summer working hours, equivalent of 4 additional days of paid leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply