Senior Learning and Organisational Development Partner
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research is seeking a Senior Learning and Organisational Development (L&OD) Partner to join our Talent Development (TD) team. Within the business, L&OD Partners work alongside their Human Resources (HR) Business Partners to provide a comprehensive and proactive service to their clients within the business.
In this role, you will be responsible for L&OD for our Engineering function. Working with your HR counterpart, you will utilise your partnering skills to immerse yourself within the function, developing a deep understanding of the strategic agenda to implement L&OD strategies to support the delivery of key Engineering outcomes.
This is a varied role. From working on business-wide change initiatives through to supporting the individual career development of Engineering managers, this role requires someone who is able to work at both strategic and tactical levels.
You will need to:
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Design strategic initiatives to build organisational capability and remain hands on through implementation
- Be a trusted advisor, with the ability to diagnose, engage and develop at all levels of the business
This role offers the right person the chance to really make their mark and shape the design and approach of a rapidly expanding business.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Business Partnering; analysing and defining the talent and OD priorities, and supporting delivery of relevant business plans within Engineering
- Leadership and Management Development; ensuring leaders and managers have the tools and capabilities to lead the organisation towards the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Change Management; supporting senior business leaders and managers to deploy strategies that engage our people and achieve organisational change that is embedded across the Engineering function
- Talent Development; defining, designing and executing effective talent initiatives that support growth at a company, functional, team and individual level
- Learning and Development; working as part of the broader TD team to identify and shape the business-wide L&D strategy, developing and delivering bespoke solutions for Engineering where necessary
- Facilitation; supporting our people, at all levels, through meetings, planning sessions, team events and training to successfully achieve pre-agreed L&OD goals
- Data Analysis; utilising people, performance, talent and learning data effectively to provide insight, understand impact and ensure L&OD efforts are focused on value–add activity
You will have deep technical knowledge in all aspects of L&OD and extensive experience of delivering innovative talent solutions.
You will not be afraid of getting your hands dirty, no task will be too large or too small, and you will be passionate about creating strategies as well as seeing them through to implementation.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 7+ years’ experience in an L&OD role
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Demonstrable business partnering experience with the ability to work closely alongside various stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Proven ability to shift context quickly; turning your attention to large-scale change and OD programmes one minute and to individual development planning the next
- Established L&OD consultancy skills; an ability to diagnose L&OD issues and challenges, and provide targeted interventions
- Experience of training delivery and facilitation at various levels of organisational hierarchy
- A passion for lifelong learning and staying abreast of current talent management trends
- Analytical with the ability to anticipate future trends, analyse requirements and translate these into innovative and pragmatic solutions
- Strong business acumen and commercial approach, with exceptional project management skills
- Ability to research and budget accordingly
The following skills and experience would be beneficial:
- Accreditation in psychometrics
- Additional qualifications in one of the following (or similar): organisational development, organisational psychology, leadership coaching
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply