Events Planner (12-month FTC)
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research is seeking an Events Planner to join our Events team on a 12-month FTC.
As a fast-growing business, we recognise the importance of a positive company culture. We work hard to encourage and nurture cross-team relationships – and social working events, both inside and outside the working day, are instrumental in achieving this.
As an Events Planner, you will support the Events Manager on a wide range of company events, designed to support our company culture, including:
- High-end, black tie summer party
- Christmas party and lunches
- Weekends away (to a range of overseas destinations)
- Executive team dinners
- End-of-month drinks
- Team socials
- Affinity group events
- Christmas crèche
- Recruitment events
- Team collaboration lunches and dinners
- Ad-hoc events to celebrate achievements
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Coordinating event logistics
- Supporting with the selection of venues, including sourcing suitable vendors
- Determining event costs, with support from the Events Manager
- Booking venues, vendors and other services
- Planning and creating appropriate schedules for employees attending events
- Overseeing and managing events, including troubleshooting during events, to ensure they run smoothly
- Contributing to event planning, presenting creative ideas to ensure G-Research continues to run original and varied events for its employees
- Creating bespoke ideas in response to briefs from senior team members
- Building relationships with employees and teams across the business, helping to raise your profile as a member of the Events team
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a creative and organised Events Planner, with excellent attention to detail. You will be resourceful and confident working with colleagues across all levels of the business.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of event coordinating experience
- The ability to work autonomously
- Strong communication skills
- Budgeting experience
- Experience working closely with third-parties, such as event organisers
- The ability to problem-solve and multi-task
- A professional demeanour
- Knowledge of the London restaurant scene and venues
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply