Infrastructure Compute and Storage DevOps
Location : Dallas, TX
G-Research offers remote working within the State of Texas, bringing people together in the office for a number of days every month.
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s new office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
G-Research is looking for a developer with an interest in automating infrastructure at scale, to work with our Infrastructure Compute and Storage team.
The Infrastructure Compute and Storage team is responsible for the managed storage relied on by critical large research platforms.
G-Research’s CPU and GPU estates are huge and experiencing rapid growth, with a number of complex migrations underway, and the Infrastructure Compute and Storage manages SAN, NAS and Object storage within these estates, across multiple locations.
This DevOps role is sprint-based and you will work with a Scrum Master located in our London office.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Fixing reported issues using existing provisioning and monitoring automation
- Fixing security vulnerabilities, as identified by internal threat modelling or penetration tests
- Enhancing existing automation, such as adding features as identified by the team
- Engaging end-users to identify UX improvements and adding these to our backlog
- Building new automation for platforms introduced to our portfolio
Who are we looking for?
Based remotely in Texas, you will work primarily with our UK team. As such, you will be self-driven and hardworking, with strong problem solving skills. You will possess excellent communication and time management skills.
Automation drives our provisioning, migrations and monitoring; the ideal candidate will therefore have the following skills and experience:
- Linux administration
- Strong Python and moderate PowerShell
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Paid time off, including sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Summer working hours, equivalent of 4 additional days of paid leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply