Identity and Access Management Engineer
Location : Dallas, TX
G-Research offers remote working within the State of Texas, bringing people together in the office for a number of days every month.
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in the financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s new office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team makes managing identities, access and secrets easy, safe and secure within G-Research.
From managing identity governance, to running the front to back secrets and key management technology, the IAM team builds and operates the systems and services that our internal and customer teams rely on to keep our environments safe and secure.
Our Engineers are full-stack, with a strong focus on DevOps. They utilise third party tooling as well as building our own in-house systems where needed.
We work closely with internal and external customers to understand their needs and to help drive best practice through our deep knowledge of identity technologies.
The IAM team is seeking a smart, motivated, passionate engineer to work with a vast variety of technology and products to solve problems in a fast moving environment.
As an IAM Engineer, you will contribute to the design, implementation and roll-out of solutions in our Secrets and Key Management team.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Roll out of modern secrets, key and certificate management and zero trust technologies
- Working with stakeholders to understand business challenges and pain points
- Collaborating with engineering stakeholders to help solve complex problems within the IAM space
- Delivering usable, fit for purpose solutions across the business
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong domain knowledge of Identity and Access Management and Zero Trust tooling (e.g. HashiCorp Vault)
- An understanding of security standards such as ISO, CIS or NIST
- Process automation experience, for example Terraform, Jenkins and Ansible
- Strong LDAP directory services experience, for example Active Directory, OpenLDAP
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial:
- Platforms: Kubernetes, OpenStack, Linux
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Ansible / AWX, Terraform
- IAM Technologies: HashiCorp Vault, KeyFactor, CyberArk, FIDO
- IAM Domains: JML, MFA, AuthN/AuthZ, PKI, PIM
- SaaS Platforms: AWS, Azure
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Paid time off, including sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Summer working hours, equivalent of 4 additional days of paid leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply