Learning and Organisational Development Partner (Maternity Leave)
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This position sits with G-Research’s Talent Development (TD) team. The TD team is structured such that Learning and Organisational Development (L&OD) Partners work alongside their counterpart HR Business Partners and are aligned to particular business areas.
Within this role you’ll work closely with your TD and HR colleagues as the L&OD Partner for our Corporate Shared Service functions (CSS). This includes functions such as Finance, Commercial Management, Legal and Business Insight Services. Utilising your partnering skills you will immerse yourself within CSS, build strong relationships with the CSS leaders and develop a deep understanding of their L&OD needs.
In addition to providing day-to-day support for your client group, you will lead and collaborate on a range of project work. For instance, you may be running the G-Research early careers talent programmes or working with your TD colleagues on the development, implementation and roll out of a new G-Research Learner Experience Platform. This role therefore requires someone who is able to work on both strategic and tactical activities, with employees at all levels of the business, and be able to make a real impact on the company.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Partnering with CSS to analyse and define the function’s learning and talent development priorities and support delivery of their people capability plans
- Ensuring that CSS leaders and managers have the tools and capabilities to lead their people
- Defining, designing and executing effective talent initiatives that support growth at functional, team and individual level
- Working as part of the broader TD team to identify and shape the business-wide L&D initiatives, including the development of a new Learner Experience Platform
- Leading on early careers development in some of our graduate and intern programmes across different business functions
- Supporting us in building a cohort of best-in-class external suppliers
- Supporting our people, at all levels, through meetings, planning sessions, team events and training to achieve pre-agreed L&OD goals
- Utilising people, performance, talent and learning data effectively to provide insight, understand impact, and ensure L&OD efforts are focused on value-add activity
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who possesses deep technical knowledge in all aspects of learning and organisational development and extensive experience of delivering cutting edge talent solutions. You will not be afraid of getting your hands dirty and working directly with the business. No task will be too large or too small and you will be passionate about both creating strategies and implementation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a Learning and Organisational Development role
- Excellent relationship management skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative team
- Demonstrable business partnering experience, with the ability to work closely alongside various stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Proven ability to context shift quickly; turning your attention to large-scale change and organisational development programmes one moment and to individual development planning the next
- Established L&OD consultancy skills; an ability to diagnose L&OD issues/challenges and provide targeted interventions
- Experience of training delivery and facilitation at various levels of organisational hierarchy
- A passion for lifelong learning and staying abreast of current talent management trends
- Analytical mind-set with the ability to anticipate future trends, analyse requirements and translate these into innovative and pragmatic solutions
- Strong business acumen and commercial approach, with exceptional project management skills
- Ability to research and budget accordingly
- Great academics from a top tier institution
- Accreditation in psychometrics preferable
- Additional qualifications in one of the following (or similar) would be advantageous: organisational development, organisational psychology, leadership coaching, psychometric testing
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply