Security Assurance Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for a Security Assurance Analyst to work in the Security Assurance (SA) team. The team is responsible for providing the Board with expert, independent, evidence-based information about security within G-Research in order to help the Board oversee and monitor the security of the business.
The SA team combines strong security, analytical and technical skills with relevant assurance and audit techniques in order to provide the Board with the information they require. Assurance approaches are applied in flexible ways that suit a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organisation. Being part of the team is a unique opportunity to gain broad visibility and understanding of the technologies and processes throughout the business, assess the extent to which they are meeting, or are on track to meet, Board-level security outcomes, and discuss findings with Board members.
Reporting to a Security Assurance Specialist, this role will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining a broad understanding of the company’s technologies, processes, organisation and information flows, and the security threats and vulnerabilities to them
- Supporting assessments of whether the design and operation of solutions and processes developed and owned by engineering, operational, risk, compliance and corporate services teams meet the security outcomes defined by the Board
- Assisting with writing reports for the Board
- Building good working relationships with teams across the business, whilst still maintaining the independence required of an assurance team
- Helping to document, communicate and continuously improve security assurance processes
Who are we looking for?
The SA team are looking for someone with an excellent academic record and the confidence and enthusiasm to learn and apply a lot of new knowledge and skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years of experience of information security, technical infrastructure and/or software development teams (through degree and/or work)
- Enthusiasm and drive for learning and applying new security and technical skills and knowledge
- Confidence to engage with experts across the business in unfamiliar areas
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-reliance, initiative and proactivity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2:1 or above from a top tier university
- Some familiarity with information security frameworks such as ISO 27000, CIS or NIST
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply