Real-time Platform DevOps Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for a skilled Real-time Platform DevOps Engineer to run, identify inefficiencies, and ultimately streamline tasks crucial to our Real-time Platform. This includes, but is not limited to, managing software releases, productionising Research output and supporting our client.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with researchers and engineers to oversee the deployment of new software to production
- Monitoring, testing, refining and deploying new ideas generated by researchers
- Writing and maintaining existing tooling written by the team
- Proactively challenging existing processes to suggest and implement improvements
There is freedom within the role to explore, present and implement new ideas to solve new and existing problems.
Who are we looking for?
You will possess and be able to demonstrate:
- An insatiable curiosity, desire to learn and natural intuition to pick up complex operational processes
- A strong eye for process improvement
- Strong scripting skills in any language, preferably Python/Bash/Powershell
- The ability to handle multiple stakeholders, excellent multitasking skills working under pressure
It would also be beneficial, but not essential to have experience with CI/CD pipelines.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines