G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. We use scientific techniques, big data and world-class technology to predict future movements in financial markets, and develop the platform to deploy these ideas globally.
You will join the Security Assurance (SA) section responsible for providing assessment of the security posture directly to the Board. You will be part of the Adversary Emulation (AE) team that is responsible for delivering assessments of the effectiveness of security controls against a variety of threat actors. Team members combine expertise and imagination to develop and use innovative methods to identify and validate the existence of weaknesses in the organisation’s security posture.
More specifically, you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining a test environment to be used by the team to develop and plan attacks. Responsibilities include:
- Designing, building, and maintaining an OpenStack infrastructure and AWS environment
- Designing, building, and maintaining a Linux workstation environment
- Building Windows-based systems (e.g., Active Directory, Exchange) for testing purposes
- Building and deploying systems using Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Assist in offensive security engagements by providing subject matter expertise in Linux and Dev-Ops technologies
- Continually improving automation to deploy test systems on-demand
- Improving the capabilities of the team
Who are we looking for?
You will have a strong background in system engineering and networking and proven ability to manage a Linux-based enterprise network consisting of both servers and workstations. You will also possess an interest in computer security and in particular offensive security techniques.
The successful candidate will be an individual with:
- Experience in designing and managing small/medium-scale enterprise Linux networks (Client/Server)
- Practical experience in administration of Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Centos, CoreOS)
- Experience in cloud technologies (Open Stack, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Strong understanding of DevOps practices, system hardening, and backup strategies
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals and computer security
- Demonstrable ability to develop scripts in common languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, VBA)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Infrastructure as code technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform)
- Practical experience in administration of enterprise applications (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Gitlab, Mattermost, Hashicorp Vault)
- Certification in Linux administration (e.g. LPIC, RHCE, RHCA)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines