2nd Line Technical Support Manager
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about excellent customer service, continued service improvements and root cause analysis. The successful candidate will ensure that the team's drive for greater automation and robust processes are being met, and will be responsible, in partnership with the Tier 1 manager, for implementing KPIs, SLAs and reporting results to management. The business is spread across multiple sites, primarily based in London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a team that deals with a large range of technologies in a fast-paced environment. Some of those technologies and areas ypu will have responsibility for include:
• Monitoring of complex in-house systems and an estate of 2000-2500 corporate servers and workstations
• Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Office365 management
• Cisco Webex video conferencing estate
• Cisco Meraki wireless infrastructure
• End user desktop support - in particular, IDE support (Rider, Visual Sudio, InteliJ)
• Server and workstation hardware, diagnostics and repair
• Software packaging, upgrades, deployments and troubleshooting
• Creating, using and updating scripts, in particular with PowerShell to automate daily tasks
• Predominantly Windows, with some Linux systems and support
Who are we looking for?
This role will suit someone with energy, drive and a passion for customer success in a technically advanced workplace. You will be able to implement process and structure to continue the growth and success of the Technical Support team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years’ proven experience within a hands on leadership / IT management role
- Experience with stakeholder & customer relationship management, reporting on customer experience and SLA/SLO creation
- Experience with Windows 10 desktop, Windows Server 2012-2019, HPE and Dell server and workstation hardware, PowerShell, backup infrastructure, exposure to Linux, networking, Cisco Webex and Cisco Meraki
- Experience with major desktop & development applications such as Microsoft Office, Visual Studio and Rider
- Experience with JIRA Service Desk, Confluence Wiki
Why should you apply?
• Competitive compensation
• Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
• Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
• 25 days holiday pro-rata
• 9% company pension contributions
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Subsidised gym membership
• Monthly company events
• Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines