Full Stack Software Engineer
Imagine writing the code at the core of your company’s success
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
Our Trading Platform Monitoring (TPM) team currently consists of eight Software Engineers and we are looking for an additional engineer to join us. We are a customer-focused Engineering team working closely with our clients in order to add business value. Many of our projects involve working closely with other engineering teams, so this is an excellent opportunity gain a good understanding of the business.
The team provides software that is used across the firm to manage, protect, and monitor changes to the platform including software release approval workflows, critical platform configuration and essential pre-market checks. The web applications we produce to meet these needs need to be robust, reliable and designed with a strong focus on UX. Many of these systems are built from the ground up and so designing and building such enterprise systems is a key skill for any team member. As an engineer in TPW, you will be able to work with a high degree of autonomy and will utilise cutting-edge technologies to produce the best results, and the role is both varied and interesting. You will take control of the direction of projects and will regularly interact with professionals within diverse areas of the business.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working in an agile, self-organising environment to develop full-stack web applications with an emphasis on solid software engineering principals, effective UX and polished UI design
- Liaising directly with customers to scope out, design and iterate on elegant solutions to the wide variety of challenges they face
- On-going support of our systems, responding proactively to bug reports and feature requests
Who are we looking for?
As a successful applicant, you will be an intelligent, passionate and creative software engineer with a proven ability to develop and deliver high-quality software with a focus on customer satisfaction. This role will suit you if you are an engineer who is looking to contribute to the operational success of a leading financial technology firm by creating software that ranges from resilient server side components managing critical data, to well-designed user interfaces utilizing cutting-edge technologies.
- Excellent OO programming skills, ideally in C# (or Java)
- Experienced in a frontend technology, ideally Angular
- Proven track record of full stack engineering
- Excellent academics – good A-level results combined with a 2.1 or better in Computer Science or similar
- Experience with a distributed version control system (ideally Git)
- An appreciation of Continuous Delivery principles (e.g. one-click deployment, fast feedback, etc.)
- Exposure to an agile and collaborative team environment
- Experience in any of the following – Kubernetes, Hadoop, .NET Core
Our team members have excellent communication skills in order to liaise directly with our clients and the business across the whole development lifecycle and we will be looking for this trait in new joiners.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines