G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
In this role, you will apply your skills in data validation, statistical analysis and machine learning to explore, visualise, analyse, and augment diverse data sources for quantitative research.
You will work within a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with industry-leading data scientists, quant researchers and financial experts to develop solutions that adapt to a rapidly changing data landscape.
You will collaborate with other data scientists, building tooling to scale and automate analysis and enabling data science capabilities across the company.
This is a team at the forefront of the company’s data strategy, responsible for finding solutions to many important data challenges within the firm, giving you a unique opportunity to make an impact.
The role offers exposure to cutting-edge technologies in a high-growth industry, with opportunities to learn about multi-asset class systematic strategies and big data development in an innovative and forward-thinking firm.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
- Extensive experience with the Python scientific stack, Jupyter notebooks and git
- Demonstrated experience and curiosity exploring, analysing and visualising datasets, for the purpose of machine learning
- Experience structuring experiments and testing hypotheses using data
- Experience or interest in Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Experience with distributed computing (PySpark) and SQL are desirable
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical partners
- An interest in financial markets is desirable (although previous experience is not required)
- Recent side projects involving data analysis (e.g. github, Kaggle)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply