Technical Support Analyst
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about excellent customer service, continued service improvements and root cause analysis. The successful candidate will offer both first line support as well as working on collaborative projects (e.g. rolling out Vmware ESX and virtual infrastructure for a remote office); with lots of scope for training and development.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that deals with a large range of technologies in a fast-paced environment. Some of those technologies and areas you will have responsibility for include:
- Monitoring complex in-house systems
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange management
- Vmware ESX virtual infrastructure
- Okta, Meraki and Cisco WebEx
- Desktop PC upgrades and deployments
- Server upgrades and deployments
- Server and workstation hardware, diagnostics and repair
- Software upgrades, including trading and general infra applications
- Backup infrastructure and disaster recovery plans
- Automated software packaging and build system
- PowerShell cmdlets to automate daily tasks
This is a hands-on technical role with great opportunity for development, with excellent future opportunities to work with senior systems administrators.
This role will suit someone with energy, drive and a passion for customer success in a technically advanced workplace.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- A 2:1 degree or higher, with strong grades at A-levels or BTEC
- Motivation to use new technologies and concepts to solve complex problems
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines