G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
This role sits within the Policy and Compliance function at G-Research which is responsible for providing evidence based information about security compliance.
Reporting to a Security Compliance Specialist, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out security compliance reviews and reporting any non-compliances and root causes
- Ensuring compliance items are clearly matched to relevant standards in operation
- Creating data visualisation dashboards/reports/scripts for both the compliance team and management
- Building good working relationships with teams across the business in order to drive compliance integration and automated monitoring
- Building and maintaining a broad understanding of the company's technologies, processes and people in order to challenge the existing compliance design
- Applying compliance monitoring to other complex systems and environments outside of the security domain
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, have a balanced knowledge of security with strong analytical and technical skills.
You will have:
- At least two years of experience in a security compliance or similar role
- Knowledge of information security frameworks (e.g. ISO 27000 or NIST)
- Ability to write scripts in Python and Powershell
- Knowledge of Splunk including how to create dashboards and reports
- Understanding of SQL, Active directory and Git hub
- Interest and understanding of cloud security and monitoring
- Ability to think out of the box and identify suitable approaches without being constrained by standard ways of working
- Excellent written, verbal communication and excel skills
- Drive for learning and development
- Familiarity with the three lines of defence operating model
- 2:1 or above from a top university
Why should you apply?
• Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
• Informal dress code and work/life balance
• Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
• 25 days holiday
• 9% company pension contributions
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Subsidised gym membership
• Monthly company events
• Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines