Physical Security Officer
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
As a growing business with high value intellectual property, we now require additional resource within our office Physical Security function. We require attentive and SIA-licensed officers to carry out the following duties:
Monitoring of secure zone entry and exit points
- CCTV Investigations
- Responding to alerts
- Enforcing the clean desk policy
- Bug sweeping
- Security card enrolment and administration
- Confiscation of forbidden items
- Regular recording of findings
- Escorting of external contractors through secure areas
- Other security duties as necessary
Who are we looking for?
The role is diverse and therefore candidates must have an enthusiastic attitude, strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential. It is important that our security personnel are able to integrate with the business, therefore a friendly, warm demeanour and can-do attitude is required.
The successful candidate will be a vigilant security professional with a strong track record of attendance and diligence. We require candidates to be mobile and visible throughout the office. The following are required for the role.
- Current SIA licence
- 3+ years’ experience in corporate security
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and prioritise workload
- Demonstrated ability to react to situations in real time
Reporting to the Physical Security Manager, the role involves working in a team of security professionals and entails shift work including weekends and weekdays in order to support the physical security requirement of G-Research. Occasional overtime shifts will be available.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines