Policy and Compliance Lead
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance, pairing this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Joining G-Research as the Policy and Compliance Lead will offer you a great opportunity to shape, lead and drive a Compliance team focused on prioritising risk and evidence-based policies.
Reporting to the Head of Platform Trading Services and Risk, this role will be responsible for:
• Establishing an approach to organising and standardising our existing policies and standards to make it easy for our colleagues to know what to do and why
• Making our policies simple and straightforward, establishing clear ownership and responsibilities
• Ensuring key policies exist for all business priorities
• Embedding policies and standards across the organisation so they form the basis of decision making
• Building good working relationships across the company to drive policy and compliance assurance that is integrated into workflows and where possible, automated
• Leading the Compliance team to develop expertise across our key priorities (including Information Security) in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Providing appropriate escalation and challenge to non-compliance issues, as well as conducting robust root-cause analysis to make meaningful improvements
• Being open-minded to change, applying a compliance assurance mindset and providing advice on significant change initiatives in the company’s roadmap
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with balanced knowledge of compliance, risk, technology and security. This role focuses on bringing all functions together on policy and honing our compliance assurance efforts on the key priorities that matter most. Experience in leading a diverse and highly motivated team is key, as well as a track record that demonstrates comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technology-driven organisation.
Your key attributes should include:
• At least seven years of experience in a Policy and Compliance role working alongside Risk
• Experience as a senior manager of a team, with a track record demonstrating excellent leadership skills
• Hands-on experience of creating policy frameworks and embedding compliance assurance in a complex organisation
• A thirst for knowledge in Technology, Information Security, Risk and Compliance
• A thorough understanding of IT Security e.g. CRISC or CISM as a minimum
• A good understanding of cloud security and associated assurance monitoring
• Knowledge of business intelligence tools and data collection e.g. Tableau, SQL, Splunk and Python
• The ability to build and maintain an understanding of complex systems and rapidly changing IT environments
• The ability to influence stakeholders at all levels within an organisation to lead change and influence direction
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why should you apply?
• Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
• Informal dress code and work/life balance
• Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
• 25 days holiday
• 9% contributory pension scheme
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Subsidised gym membership
• Monthly company events
• Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines