Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering team. The team is responsible for our globally-deployed virtualization platforms: on premise, in the public cloud, and multiple Windows Active Directory domains.
The Corporate IT environment currently consists of ~2250 machines (60% virtualized). This includes a sizable and growing Linux server estate, which all virtualization and corporate systems cater to.
Key responsibilities include:
- 80:20 Project to Support work, where support items are escalated internally from our operations team, while projects are “owned” by the individual
- Active participation in the strategic development of Corporate IT, contributing ideas in line with the company and team direction
- Using Jira and Confluence to specify changes made and update system documentation
The successful candidate will be self-driven and hardworking, with the technical experience required to build high-performance, resilient solutions.
Ideally, you will have:
- Strong experience with VMware (VSphere\Horizon\VSAN)
- A good scripting/programming background – ideally with Powershell
- Exposure to Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Clustering
- Experience and/or interest in Linux/OpenSource based virtualization (Openstack, KVM) and public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- A working knowledge of automation tools (Ansible/Teraform/Jenkins etc)
- Some exposure to Exchange or O365 environments
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- 9% company pension contribution
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines