Software Engineer – Infrastructure Engineering
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
The Infrastructure Engineering team (InfDev) assists teams within the Infrastructure group by supporting them with development skills. The team additionally provide tooling to improve platform operation, whilst enabling other Software Engineering teams to leverage the platform.
The successful candidate will work with a high degree of autonomy and utilise cutting-edge technologies to produce optimal results. We are looking for someone that will direct projects and regularly interact with individuals across diverse areas of the business.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working in an agile, self-organising environment to develop applications using solid software engineering principals
- Building cutting-edge tools and infrastructure to support core firm facilities
- Intermittent full stack engineering (despite the team operating primarily with the backend)
- Ongoing system support including proactive response to bug reports and feature requests
- Responding to the ever-changing requirements of the business
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an intelligent, competent and practical software engineer; with a genuine enthusiasm for working with the latest technology.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven ability to engineer high-quality software in an OO language
- An appreciation of good software architecture, computer science fundamentals & data structures
- Experience with an RDBMS
- Experience of TDD and the ability to write clean code
- Experience using agile methodologies; familiarity with retrospectives and continuous improvement processes
- A demonstrable desire to stay informed on the latest technologies and practices
- A keen interest in applying continuous delivery principles
Experience with the following would be beneficial, but not essential:
- Distributed version control system (ideally Git)
- NoSQL solutions
- Kubernetes, Java, GoLang, Python
- Ability to query data stores like TSDB and ELK
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- 9% company pension contribution
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines