Experienced Head Barista
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We’re looking for a world-class barista to set up and run our brand-new on-site specialty coffee service. We employ some of the best people in their field in a dynamic and highly stimulating environment, and the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to create a social hub for hundreds of staff.
Working with top-of-the-line espresso equipment, you’ll spend your time producing outstanding coffee for a discerning and demanding clientele. You will bring to this brand new position:
- A detailed technical knowledge of the coffee-making process
- Great relationship-building skills and a real interest in people
- Innovation, passion for quality, drive, engagement and commitment
In return, you’ll have the freedom to put your personal creative stamp on the service, with input into café design, equipment selection and product sourcing. With no payment transactions to process, you’ll be free to focus on producing first-class coffee.
The hours will be from 08:00-16:30, Monday to Friday, and you’ll be based at our main central London office.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Hands-on experience in a specialty coffee establishment
- Competence in a variety of hand-brewing methods
- Uncompromising attention to detail and quality
- The self-motivation and organisational skills to work independently
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive hourly rate of pay
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines