Networks Security Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
As a Networks Security Engineer, you’ll be working on key network design projects for the business with tier 3 support. This will include Hybrid Cloud implementations, Datacentre deployments and Perimeter networks.
G-Research is fostering a DevOps culture with a particular focus on automation; a challenging environment that the successful candidate will thrive in. An understanding of the importance of building supportable solutions that reduce operational cost will be essential for this role.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be technically excellent with reach across the business, working with and influencing C-level management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong understanding of the OSI model especially layers 4-7 (TCP, HTTP, SSL, AUTH protocols)
- Demonstrable experience configuring and troubleshooting network devices (switches/routers/firewalls)
- Proven experience designing highly available systems
- An understanding of network routing/switching technologies (BGP/VRF/Spanning-Tree/LACP)
- Experience with one or more of the following: Python, Ansible, Jinja and/or Git
- Some exposure to F5 LTM/iRules
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines