Senior IAM Engineer
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
The Identity & Access Management (IAM) function is responsible for protecting all resources and intellectual property at G-Research. To that end, the IAM team manages all user identities and their access permissions.
G-Research is embarking on a transformation journey and step change in how it deliveries Infrastructure and associated open source technologies. The business has big plans to invest in a private cloud platform on which to build the next generation of applications, distributed platforms and deliver development efficiencies.
There is a big focus on applying automation, Infrastructure as Code, use of CI/CD tools and methodologies in all of our engineering work. We are using open source tooling and best practices to increase the pace of delivery. We are working hard to embed a Continuous Improvement culture and philosophy across the organisation and are striving to learn from the best practitioners in the industry. This could be you!
The Senior IAM Engineer is responsible for developing, testing and supporting IAM workflows (entitlements), self-service group management functions, attestation (governance), and password reset functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving IAM process improvement projects
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to understand business processes
- Mapping business requirements to technical requirements
- Developing new (and enhancing existing) joiner, mover, and leaver processes
- Leveraging role-based access control capabilities to reduce number of individual entitlements
- Developing documentation, workflow diagrams, and test scripts
- Driving RBAC process improvements and policies
- Mentoring junior team members
- Participating in on call rotation.
- Driving process improvements to reduce/eliminate manual provisioning/deprovisioning steps
Who are we looking for?
- Strong experience across IAM, ideally with SailPoint or CyberArk
- Demonstrable experience assessing and implementing access control procedures and processes
- Additional scripting language outside of BeanShell (Java)
- Knowledge of software development practices (Code quality, CI/CD)
- General background and knowledge across IT and technology
- Strong provisioning experience
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management expertise in order to describe access control security policies across the business
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines