G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
G-Research is going through an exciting period of growth and transformation. This is an opportunity for an experienced assurance professional with a proven track-record of delivering effective assurance work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering IT controls testing work, as well as programme assurance across the various functions of GR.
As an Analyst, you will work as part of a team of problem-solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience to assist Senior Management and the Board in solving complex business issues; ranging from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Scoping and planning of reviews
- Proactively assist in the determination of the assurance review plan to ensure the business is focused on key risk areas and can drive meaningful improvements
- Participate in consultation with stakeholders across the business to ensure reviews are appropriately focused on the key areas
- Independently develop terms of references for review topics
- Independently develop work plans / testing strategies to address scope areas and associated risks
- Lead interviews and walkthroughs with business stakeholders to assess current state processes and controls
- Conduct testing of key controls and prepare work papers for review within minimal supervision
- Identify and summarise key observations and improvements for consideration by management
- Identify innovative testing techniques through the use of data analysis and visualisation
- Prepare short-form reports summarising key observations and risks, with a focus on driving business improvement
- Identify ways to make reports meaningful to our stakeholders through the use of visualisation / data analysis
- Identify pragmatic and commerciall- focused recommendations
- Establish effective working relationships directly with stakeholders across G-Research
- Undertake special projects and investigations as required
- Keep up to date with the latest testing techniques and tools to develop the BICA team continually
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to deliver assurance / internal audits that result in business value and bring about positive changes to a business’s risk management environment.
They will also possess the breadth of experience necessary to deliver thought leadership across a high-performance specialist team.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A professional auditor or risk and controls professional with at least 4 years core assurance and testing skills
- Strong ‘generalist’ skill set covering both technology and operational areas
- Successful at working in an entrepreneurial and unregulated environment
- Commercially-focused and able to bring ‘bigger picture’ thinking to reviews
- Able to demonstrate a flexible approach to performing assurance
- A highly analytical individual with strong assurance skills
- Effective at building good working relationships with both colleagues and other personnel at all levels
- A strong communicator
- Flexible in their approach to meeting goals as part of the wider team
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Pension with 9% company contribution
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines