Security Compliance Placement Year
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Keeping our ideas safe and secure is crucial to our success. That's why we use pioneering techniques that predict and protect us from attacks. Together, we're building the next generation of security approaches and thinking.
The successful candidate will join our Information Security Compliance team, providing support and security compliance expertise to the business. The role primarily involves responding to security compliance demands and supporting the design, implementation and rollout of security controls across the company.
This hands-on position provides an excellent learning experience for placement students that wish to launch their career in the field of Information Security. You will be collaborating with senior team members who will be on hand to assist with troubleshooting. G-Research invests heavily in IT and Security systems and therefore there will be plenty of opportunities to develop an in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
• Monitoring compliance with security policies and standards
• Contributing to and updating security policies, standards and procedures
• Running daily security compliance operational tasks
• Providing assistance to security compliance team members
• Raising security compliance awareness through planned activities
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have a real interest in information security compliance and IT infrastructure in general, with a demonstrable aptitude for applying theoretical computing concepts to solve real problems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for technology and information security
- Ability to write scripts in Python and/or Powershell
- Excellent written, verbal communication and Excel skills
- Enthusiasm for learning and developing new skills
- A predicted grade of a 2:1 or above in a computer-focused degree with a Sandwich year (graduation date 2022)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines