Network & Security Operations Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Network and Security Operations team is responsible for G-Research’s global network and the security of this infrastructure. Their remit includes office, datacentre, and colocation sites, where the team has a major impact on the optimisation of company performance. We have a strong “Infrastructure as Code” philosophy and are committed to introducing the next generation of applications and distributed platforms to the business.
In addition to primarily focusing on monitoring and support tasks, the team plays a critical role in many high-profile company projects. Team members are often responsible for delivering technical designs that have been developed by the Network Engineering team across the estate.
As a key member of the team, you will be involved in day-to-day support and troubleshooting of the network and security infrastructure, covering the following main areas:
- Monitoring the health of the network and security infrastructure using a variety of monitoring and analysis tools
- Investigating hardware/software problems with devices and collaborating with the manufacturers' support teams to resolve issues
- Testing and troubleshooting network connectivity with third parties
- Completing BAU tickets for various technologies (F5, Check Point, Fortinet, Bluecoat, Cisco, Arista etc)
- Performing firewall and proxy policy changes
- Delivery tasks such as hardware refresh work and expansion/upgrade projects
- Using Ansible and YAML files to update and push out changes to the network
As well as working alongside the Network Engineering team, the role requires close interaction with the Infrastructure, Datacentre and other Operations teams so there will be a broad exposure to a variety of enterprise products and technologies.
It will be important for the successful candidate to have a good understanding of enterprise network technologies/protocols and evidence of:
- A CCNA qualification to demonstrate knowledge of basic switching and routing concepts and familiarity with configuring and operating switches and routers
- Some progression along the CCNP track is also desirable
- 3+ years working within a network team or network operations centre providing first line support and general network monitoring and management
- Experience with project work; e.g. hardware refresh, installation of approved designs etc
- Knowledge of security infrastructure and concepts. Any previous experience with configuring/managing/monitoring security infrastructure is highly desired and can be shown with qualifications such as Check Point Certified Admin (CCSA), F5 certifications, Bluecoat certifications etc
- Network automation/scripting skills at a basic level as the team uses Ansible extensively
- Strong problem solving skills
- Passion and enthusiasm to help the team in continuing to meet the expected high standards of performance