G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for the world’s foremost engineers and take recruitment of the best talent very seriously. Most of our systems are written in C#, but we also have specialist teams using C++, Java and F#. We utilise modern web, distributed and big data technologies, meaning we have a broad range of software engineering challenges for the right person.
This is an opportunity to be part of our journey to build a world-leading software engineering practice. We are working hard to embed a Continuous Improvement culture & philosophy across the organisation and are striving to learn from the best practitioners in the industry.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- An excellent academic background and will be an intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer
- A genuine interest in software technology and its underlying hardware
- Demonstrable experience engineering high-quality software in an OO language
- An appreciation of good software architecture, computer science fundamentals & data structures
- Working knowledge of Agile, Continuous Delivery and TDD principles
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines